Ricoh declares June as Global SDGs Action Month
Employees to share their efforts around SDGs and reaffirm a sense of achievement and fulfilment through work
TOKYO, May 31, 2022 – Ricoh has once again declared June as “Global SDGs Action Month” to encourage all Ricoh employees to consider their contributions to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), take part in environmental and social activities, and establish a sense of fulfilment through work.
The core of the Ricoh Group’s management approach lies in sustainably enhancing corporate value by actively working to address and resolve social issues. Ricoh believes this is achieved by taking on a range of strategic initiatives to drive its contributions to the SDGs. To show its commitment to that belief, Ricoh will implement "Ricoh Global SDGs Action 2022" throughout June. By sharing case studies of employees' efforts to solve social issues, Ricoh aims to deepen mutual understanding of — and praise for — each employee’s efforts and help employees feel fulfilled at work.
In the previous fiscal year, the theme of Global SDGs Action Month was "Acceleration of SDGs actions based on materiality." Here, Ricoh Group companies introduced their social contribution activities, based on materiality and SDGs contributions through their businesses to further strengthen and spread SDG and ESG promotion activities.
This year, activities will be carried out under the theme of "SDGs action drives employees to feel fulfilled and proud about their work." In an employee survey conducted in Japan in March 2022, 93% of participants responded positively to the idea that efforts to solve social issues were connected to "feeling fulfilled at work." To build on such positive sentiments, this year’s activities are aimed at helping each Ricoh Group employee understand the SDG efforts of their peers and reaffirm a sense of achievement and fulfilment through work.
Ricoh's founding principles, the "Spirit of Three Loves (love your neighbor, love your country, and love your work)," are in keeping with the notion of a society that leaves no one behind, a key principle of the SDGs. Ricoh believes that every employee must consider how their work will contribute to customers and society, based on the SDGs, and put that knowledge into action. Ricoh will continue to work on solving social issues through its business, aiming to realize its vision of "Fulfillment through Work" by 2036, the 100th anniversary of its founding.
Period: June 1–30, 2022
Theme: "SDGs action drives employees to feel fulfilled and proud about their work."
Global common activities:
- Introduce actions around SDGs by motivated and active Ricoh Group employees
Ricoh will introduce the SDG and ESG activities of employees in various roles and share how those activities lead to employees feeling fulfilled and proud about their work. All Ricoh Group employees can praise, support, and understand these activities as a benchmark to deepen their thinking about feeling a sense of achievement and Fulfilment through Work.
- Photo Collection – Take photos of your passion for work
Each Ricoh Group employee will understand the efforts around SDGs of their peers and will rediscover a sense of achievement and Fulfilment through Work by sending and sharing photos and comments that symbolize that rediscovery.
Activities in each region:
- Seminar with experts who inclusively support people working with digital technologies.
- New content will be added to the intranet video series "SDGs courses to learn in your spare time" (continued from 2020).
- To accelerate contributions to the SDGs in all divisions, establish an annual action plan for each division and start implementing the plan (Ricoh Japan only).
- Employees will share their stories about supporting and raising funds for those affected by the crisis in Ukraine.
- Create a regional fundraising page for employees to donate to the Red Cross for Ukrainian.
- Share the story of Ricoh's SDG and ESG support.
- Award the first "SDGs Spotlight Award," an in-house commendation that rewards employees who take an active part in their communities.
- Showcase the SDGs in action across Ricoh North America through numerous activities in June, including celebrations of World Environment Day, Pride Month, Juneteenth (U.S.), and National Indigenous Peoples Day (Canada).
| Om Ricoh |
Ricoh är en ledande leverantör av integrerade digitala tjänster samt utskrifts- och bildlösningar utformade för att stödja den digitala omvandlingen av arbetsplatser och arbetsytor samt optimera företagsprestanda.
Med huvudkontor i Tokyo når Ricohs globala verksamhet kunder i cirka 200 länder och regioner, stödd av förvärvad kunskap, teknologi och organisatorisk kapacitet som har utvecklats under dess 85-åriga historia. Under det finansiella året som avslutades i mars 2023 hade Ricoh-koncernen en global försäljning på 2 134 miljarder yen (cirka 16,0 miljarder USD).
Det är Ricohs uppdrag och vision att stärka individer att finna uppfyllelse genom arbete, genom att förstå och omvandla hur människor arbetar, så att vi kan frigöra deras potential och kreativitet för att förverkliga en hållbar framtid.
Ricoh Sverige AB har huvudkontor i Solna, Stockholm och egna kontor i Göteborg och Malmö. Ricoh Sverige har dessutom ett omfattande nät av servicepartner, IT-partner och återförsäljare över hela landet.
© 2023 RICOH COMPANY, LTD. Alla rättigheter förbehållna. Alla refererade produktnamn är varumärken som tillhör respektive företag.
Kontakt med media:
Ricoh Europe PLC